It is a very exciting time for Ontario solar installers. New Ontario Solar Incentives are available to help consumers use Photovoltaic (PV) power to reduce their monthly electrical costs. The new program entitled ‘Solar Energy and Energy Storage Rebate Program’ consists of a 20MW Residential PV (+storage) tranche and a 50MW Commercial PV tranche.
- $1.00 per watt for residential Solar PV systems
- $370 per kilowatt hour for residential Storage systems
- $1.50 per watt for residential Solar PV+Storage
- $3.00 per watt for residential stand-alone Solar PV+Storage Systems
- $.75 per watt for Commercial Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- approximately $26.00 per square foot for Solar Thermal Air installations
Note: Approval of all Solar PV and Storage rebates are subject to your local Hydro Company’s approval and other required inspections. A Residential Solar PV project cannot exceed 10kw (AC). A Commercial Solar PV project cannot exceed 500kw (AC). Other terms and conditions apply. Approximately $90 million has been designated towards this program which is expected to start accepting applications in Summer 2018 and will be delivered in connection with Ontario’s Local Hydro Companies. However, starting immediately, interested homeowners and business owners can register on the GreenOn website to receive updates regarding the program including when qualified contractors are confirmed.